Timothy M. Summers
Tim has lived on Vancouver Island for more than 15 years and loves all that it has to offer. Before moving here, he lived in Ontario, Alberta, Nunavut, and on the Lower Mainland. Tim focusses his practice on civil and family litigation, as well as property assessment matters. Tim provides some solicitor services including review of contracts and real estate conveyancing. Tim’s work takes him across the province including to the Lower Mainland, the Okanagan, northern BC, and to Haida Gwaii. He is happy to discuss assuming conduct of files anywhere in BC.
Tim comes from a big family, which has left him with an appreciation of the need for community. Through his family he has ties to the Canadian Armed Forces and the financial sector and he regularly represents individuals employed in both. Prior to practicing law, Tim operated a heritage painting business, and he continues to be interested in old buildings and history everywhere. He loves reading, travel, and obscure cars.
Education and Professional Qualification
- 2019 – French Language Diploma, University of Victoria
- 2012 – Called to the Bar of British Columbia
- 2011 – Juris Doctor, University of Victoria
- 2008 – Bachelor of Arts in Economics (With Distinction), University of Victoria
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Victoria Bar Association