Josh A. Bloomenthal joined Crease Harman LLP as an articled student in May of 2019, after completing both his undergraduate and law degrees at the University of Victoria.
Josh practices in civil litigation with a focus on complex commercial and business disputes. Josh also has a keen interest in constitutional and public interest litigation as well as human rights law.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Josh started several small businesses in Victoria, including a construction company and a music promotion and artist management firm which focused on maximizing economic opportunities for local musicians by organizing and promoting live events.
Josh was born and raised in Victoria, where he spent much of his youth playing hockey in the West Shore and at the junior level for 4 years. Josh is passionate about serving his community and always strives to achieve the best possible result for his clients through his enthusiastic advocacy, attention to detail, tireless work ethic, and dedication to his work.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- 2020 – Called to the Bar of British Columbia;
- 2019 – Juris Doctor, University of Victoria; and
- 2015 – Bachelor of Arts, University of Victoria.
- 2017 – Dean’s Course Prize in Contract Law;
- 2011 – Cyclone Taylor Scholarship for Outstanding Performance in Hockey, Community; Sportsmanship and Academic Achievement; and
- 2010 – University of Victoria Entrance Scholarship.
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association