Anwar joined Crease Harman LLP as an associate in February 2019. He completed both his undergraduate and law degrees at the University of Victoria and articled with F. Kenneth Walton, Q.C., in Victoria BC.
Anwar practices family law, handling matters such as divorce proceedings, division of family assets, parenting arrangements, child and spousal support, and child protection issues. He also practices in general civil litigation, wills and estates, residential tenancy issues, business law, and personal injury claims.
Anwar is an advocate for justice. He brings passion and dedication to every aspect of his practice. Years of experience serving in various capacities in the Canadian Armed Forces gave Anwar a broad perspective, and a keen aptitude for problem-solving.
Anwar has appeared successfully before the BC Supreme Court and Provincial Court, for both interim matters and trials. He uses all resources available to resolve problems, including alternative dispute resolution where appropriate.
In his spare time, Anwar enjoys travelling, scuba diving, and doing all sorts of outdoor activities.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- 2018 – Called to the Bar of British Columbia;
- 2017 – Juris Doctor, University of Victoria; and
- 2014 – Bachelor of Arts (Political Science, with distinction), University of Victoria.
- 2015 – Leslie C. Green Veteran Scholarship for International Law
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia;
- Member, Canadian Bar Association;
- Director, Victoria Bar Association; and
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of BC.