Sarah practises immigration, refugee and citizenship law and has successfully represented clients in various judicial and administrative settings across Canada. She moved to Vancouver Island in 2014 following several years of practice at a national law firm in Toronto.
Sarah’s keen interest in immigration and refugee law developed from her family history: her father was a lawyer and Chairperson of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, and her mother is from a family who immigrated to Canada from Europe through the refugee re-settlement program shortly after the Second World War.
She enjoys reading, binge-watching TV shows and visiting her family on Hornby Island. She speaks fluent French and English.
- 2010 – Juris Doctor, Osgoode Hall Law School at York University; and
- 2007 – Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours), Schulich School of Business at York University.
- Called to the Bar of Ontario in 2011;
- Called to the Bar of British Columbia in 2014;
- Member, Canadian Bar Association;
- Director, Victoria Bar Association; and
- Director, Camosun College Foundation.