Sarah N. Goodman
Sarah practises immigration, refugee and citizenship law and has successfully represented clients in various judicial and administrative settings across Canada, including before the Federal Court and Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada. She moved to Vancouver Island in 2014 following several years of practice at a national law firm in Toronto.
Sarah’s keen interest in immigration, refugee and citizenship law developed from her family history: her father was a lawyer and Chairperson of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, and her mother’s family immigrated to Canada from Europe through the refugee re-settlement program shortly after the Second World War.
Sarah sits on the Camosun College Foundation’s Board of Directors and she was recently appointed Vice-President of the Victoria Bar Association. She obtained a Juris Doctor degree from Osgoode Hall Law School following the completion of a Bachelor of Business Administration degree (with honours) at the Schulich School of Business.
In her free time, Sarah enjoys reading, binge-watching shows and visiting her family in Toronto and on Hornby Island.
She speaks fluent French and English.
Education & Professional Qualifications
- 2014 Called to the Bar of British Columbia
- 2011 Called to the Bar of Ontario
- 2010 Juris Doctor – Osgoode Hall Law School
- 2007 Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) – Schulich School of Business
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- President, Victoria Bar Association
- Director, Camosun College Foundation
For more information