Jennifer A. Badio
Jennifer is a passionate advocate for families and children, and brings tenacity, aptitude, and kindness to each client. Jennifer has a keen interest in family wellness, protecting children from conflict, social justice and human rights.
Jennifer studied political science and international development at McGill University before completing her juris doctor at the University of Toronto in 2019. Throughout her law degree, Jennifer was involved with Downtown Legal Services as a refugee immigration volunteer, family law case worker, community outreach worker, and student executive member. Jennifer also led public legal education workshops on family law and family violence in collaboration with the University of Toronto student family housing and Fred Victor Women’s Shelter.
After completing articles at a leading Toronto family law firm, Jennifer relocated with her family to Victoria and was called to the bar of British Columbia in 2020.
Jennifer practices all aspects of family law and has experience in both Provincial and Supreme Courts of British Columbia.
When Jennifer is not advocating for her clients, she enjoys running, documentaries, puzzles and exploring Vancouver Island through the eyes of her little one.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- 2020 – Called to the Bar of British Columbia;
- 2019 – Juris Doctor, University of Toronto; and
- 2015 – Bachelor of Arts, McGill University.
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Victoria Bar Association
- Member, Family Law – Vancouver Island, CBABC
- Member, Women Lawyers Forum – Vancouver Island, CBABC
- Member, Young Lawyers – Victoria, CBABC
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of B.C.